Image Map

4.28.2011

Airport Drama

Airports and I have a long history of drama.  Logistical Drama. Which not always (well, yeah, always) is on my side of the relationship.

There was the time that I told the limo driver in London to take me to the airport. He obliged. I didn’t feel a need to specify which one and he didn’t feel a need to ask. We both later regretted this when we ended up at Gatwick and I was flying out of Heathrow.
There was the time I was in Europe and flying to France to meet my cousin. She asked what airline I was flying, to which I replied “Expedia.”  In my defense, I didn’t book my flight - my British lover did. (Who actually was from Toledo, Ohio but I met him in Britain so I think technically I can use that posh title.)
Most recently, there was the lost boarding pass scandal in Argentina. The scandal was basically how it sounds. I lost my boarding pass. It all worked out though. Turns out it was in my purse the whole time!
But that’s all in the past. I am much older and wiser now. So I wasn’t at all concerned yesterday when I booked my trip to NYC. In fact, I was extremely excited!! This excitement was short-lived however as I started researching how I was going to get from the Newark Airport to my Manhattan hotel. I hopped on the internet and looked at my options. This is the route the New Jersey Transit website suggests I take.
Depart : AIRTRAIN STOP TERMINAL A (07102) at 3:10 PM
Board : Train/Subway toward NIA TRAM NEWARK AIRPORT AIRTRAIN
Arrive : AIRTRAIN STOP NJT RR STATION at 3:24 PM
Depart : NEWARK AIRPORT RAILROAD STATION at 3:34 PM
Board : Commuter Rail toward NEW YORK PENN STATION
Arrive : NEW YORK PENN STATION at 4:01 PM
Depart : 34 ST-PENN STATION at 4:12 PM
Board : Train/Subway C toward NYC subway C (www.mta.nyc.ny.us/nyct))
Arrive : SPRING ST at 4:16 PM


It might as well say, “Hey Megan! Fuck you!”  Maybe Expedia Airlines flies directly into Manhattan?

1 comment:

  1. I once had a travel agent send me a booking that had me flying into DCA (Regan's international) and then departing from IAD (Dulles) after a 40 minute layover. Apparently I was supposed to contract "The Flash" to carry me there and use "The Bazooka" to bypass security. Luckily I noticed, and after a few nervous giggles from the agent, we had this all sorted out. I still don't know what the agent thought was so dang funny.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog. You're the best!